The Garden of Compassion aims to be a self-sustainable community garden in Redondo Beach at 900-904 Torrance Blvd (at the corner of Lucia Ave) that educates the public about permaculture, organic food, saving water, and preserving open spaces to better our environment.
Our goals are to implement a permaculture design food system that will use traditional and modern techniques that saves 90% water and uses alternative energy.
We want to feed those in need by providing FREE access to this wholesome food.
Along with hosting an array of educational events and workshops, the Garden of Compassion invites artists, musicians, entreprenuers, and creative minds to revitalize the community through gardening.
The Garden of Compassion will be a triumphant example of how nature and food brings people together and sustains those relationships over time.
Features of the garden will include the following:
- Raised vegetable beds
- Small fruit and citrus orchard
- Meandering pathways
- Wicking bed techniques
- Rainbird Copper Shield drip irrigation
- Bamboo vertical gardens
- Rain barrels
- Chicken coop
- Central teaching space
- Benches or furniture for seating
- Companion planting
- Native plants
- Art, music, documentary, TEDxTalks
- Live webcam “How Does Your Garden Grow?”
- Water features
- Cooking and eating
- Sound healing
Please make a donation to help make this garden a reality. We are also in need of:
- Tools (shovels,rakes,pruners)
- Stone (broken flagstone, brick, concrete)
- Garden hoses (durable)
- Hummingbird feeders
- Fountains and Statuary
- Pebble, cobble, and crushed rocks
- Benches (stone, wood, metal)
- LUMBER! All kinds of wood
- Any and all items you feel would contribute are welcome!
Please also visit our Facebook page to support the Garden of Compassion and to receive updates on the garden’s progress, fundraising events and workshops. All are invited to join in on the fun!